Monday, February 29, 2016

New comittment

As I was updating my blog in preparation for this post, I noticed that most of the blogs I follow (or used to follow) are not updated.  Many not since 2009 or earlier. I blame Facebook for this, however I am also guilty of the same behavior. My last blog post was in 2010, so long ago in fact my pictures had been deleted from the site. As handy and convenient as Facebook is, it is not the best way for me to communicate. I spend too much time on it, and it has become a rumor mill and political boxing ring. I will still post things occasionally, but I've always preferred a more personal and heartfelt platform (like blogging), which Facebook simply doesn't provide. The memes people post have all made the loop around the internet already, and I've discovered that many Facebook "friends"  I thought I knew share polar opposite views from my own, sometimes both politically and morally. I don't fault them for this, but I don't enjoy watching them move further and further from the truth. Many of the people I really enjoy spending time with and sharing stories with already have blogs, so here is my call to start posting again!  You know who you are...

No comments: